FLYING: THE ULTIMATE IN FREEDOM & ADVENTURE
THE ULTIMATE FREEDOM AND ADVENTURE CAN BE YOURS
Being in the cockpit, flying over Alaska is an experience that just never gets old! Whether you’re sight-seeing, bear watching, flying to a remote hunting location, or off to experience village life, the personal power flying gives you is unequalled. It’s a life-changing skill that most only dream of having…and it can absolutely be yours!
Whether you’re a beginning aviator looking to earn your wings, or an experienced pilot who’s been out of the cockpit for a while looking to get recertified, you’ll feel right at home with us here at SkyTrek Alaska Flight Training.
At SkyTrek Alaska, we work with you, at your pace, teaching you to fly and giving you the confidence and skills necessary to earn your FAA Private Pilot Certificate. With much of the classroom learning done online through the world class flight education school, our training easily works into the busiest schedule.
General FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Requirements Include:
- Must be 17 years of age
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
- Must be able to pass a 3rd Class FAA Medical Examination
- Must receive a logbook endorsement from the authorized instructor who provided your ground training
- Pass the written FAA Private Pilot Knowledge Test 70% or better
- Must receive flight training and a logbook endorsement from the authorized instructor who provided your training stating that you are prepared for the Practical Test (flight test)
- Must pass the Private Pilot Practical Test
In addition to classroom training, SkyTrek will ensure you receive and log the following minimum flight training:
- 40 hours total time 20 hours dual instruction
- 3 hours cross country
- One flight at least 100 NM distance
- 10 takeoffs and 10 landings at night
- 3 hours flight training with reference only to instruments
- 3 hours in preparation for the practical test
- 10 hours solo
- 5 hours of cross country
- One flight of at least 150 NM distance with full stop landings at 3 airports
- 3 full stop takeoffs and landings at an airport with a control tower
So pick up the phone now, or shoot us an email. We’d love to hear from you, answer your questions, and help you feel comfortable and confident in your decision to take to the skies! One thing we can promise? It’s a decision you’ll never forget… or regret!